Monday, May 11, 2015

March Against Monsanto

So it appears I'm going to be leading a teach-in with Alexandria Eisenbarth after the March Against Monsanto on Saturday the 23rd. It's gonna be at C-Squat downtown. Never been there before, so I'm kind of excited.

It's kind of a weird topic for me to be talking about since I don't do environmental economics. It's not that I don't care about the environment, nor is it that I think that the environment is somehow separate from the economy. I'm just kind of bored by economic models of the environment. To be honest, I don't really think that "economic" considerations should take all that much precedence over environmental issues.

Instead, I'm going to be talking about how ownership structures in capitalism necessarily lead to the exploitation, impoverishment, and disenfranchisement of the majority of the world. I plan to touch on how and why this inequality tends to manifest along identitarian and geographic lines. Then I'm going to explain how this tendency for exploitation to intensify makes the capitalist system fundamentally unstable.

No comments:

Post a Comment